Ideas for Teachers/Critical Questions – Feb. 2016
LINKS Paris Climate Agreement White House Statement European Commission Washington Post Article New York Times Article Fox News Article CNBC Article Social Media & Terrorist Activity H.R.3654 Bill Washington Post Article NPR Article The Atlantic Article Fox Business Article CRITICAL THINKING QUESTIONS Paris Climate Agreement
- Do you believe that climate change is occurring and that humans are contributing to it?
- What is the evidence that proves the climate is or is not changing?
- Was the Paris Climate Agreement a victory for the U.S. and the planet? Why or why not?
- According to Fox News, the climate agreement marked “the world’s first comprehensive climate agreement with all countries, not just wealthy ones, taking action to tackle global warming.” Why is this significant?
- Why was the Paris agreement hailed as a “diplomatic achievement” on the part of the Obama Administration?
- Is it fair to ask the social media companies to be responsible for monitoring and reporting terrorist activity?
- Is it a violation of First Amendment right to free speech to censor terrorist postings on social sites?
- Was H.R.3654 a good piece of legislation? Why or why not?
- Why do you think Twitter is the most popular social site for ISIS terrorists? What makes it attractive?
- How does the global nature of social media make it especially challenging to police in the United States?