Trivia Answers – December 2016 Issue
1. Polio was eliminated in the U.S. by 1979, due to vaccination efforts.
2. Who was the pioneer of the smallpox vaccine?
a. Edward Jenner (English)
b. Marie Curie (Polish)
c. Louis Pasteur (French)
3. Which of the diseases has the Carter Center International Task Force for Disease Eradication declared as potentially eradicable?
a. Yellow fever
4. When a disease stops circulating in a certain region, it’s been eradicated. If a disease stops circulating worldwide, it’s been eliminated.
1. Which country passed a national soda tax on sugar-sweetened beverages in January 2014?
2. Which member of Congress has opposed soda taxes?
a. Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY)
b. Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA)
c. Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
3. Which soda is the oldest soft drink in the U.S., first marketed in 1904?
b. Dr. Pepper
4. Over the last 20 years, sales of full-calorie sodas have increased by more than 25 percent in the U.S.