Trivia Answers for April 2018 SGAP
1. The top three countries with the highest number of armed civilians are:
a) United States, Yemen, Switzerland
b) United States, Canada, Iraq
c) United States, Serbia, Saudi Arabia
2. A semi-automatic firearm fires one bullet each time the trigger is pulled while a fully automatic firearm fires multiple bullets with a single pull of the trigger.
3. According to the FBI’s “Expanded Homicide Data Table” for 2016, roughly 16,459 murders were committed in the U.S. in 2016. Of these, ___ were committed with firearms.
4. What are the three main types of firearms?
a) Semi-automatics, pistols and rifles
b) Pistols, handguns and shotguns
c) Handguns, rifles and shotguns
5. According to the U.S. Department of Justice’s “Annual Firearms Manufacturing and Export Report,” dated Feb. 3, 2016, handguns comprised 62% of all new guns sold to civilians and law enforcement in 2014.
INTERNET SALES TAX
1. In a November 2017 report, the U.S. Government Accountability Office estimated that states and municipalities could gain ___________ in annual revenue if they could require online retailers to collect sales tax.
a) Between $500 million and $1 billion
b) Between $1 and $4 billion
c) Between $8 and $13 billion
2. Forty-six of the 50 states have a statewide sales tax.
3. During the past three Congresses — including the 113th Congress (2013-2014), 114th Congress (2015-2016) and 115th Congress (2017-2018) — four internet sales tax bills were proposed. Which bill was approved by the Senate but not the House?
a) Marketplace Fairness Act
b) Remote Transactions Parity Act of 2017
c) Online Sales Simplification Act
d) No Regulation Without Representation Act
4. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, e-commerce sales in the fourth quarter of 2017 accounted for _____ of total retail sales.
5. The Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement was created by the National Governors Association and the National Conference of State Legislatures in the fall of 1999 to simplify sales tax collection.