Trivia Answers for December 2019 Issues
1. What is the pseudonymous name used by the person or persons who developed Bitcoin and launched it in 2009?
a) Satoshi Nakamoto
b) Hal Finney
c) Stefan Thomas
2. Due to the decentralized nature of the blockchain, cryptocurrency is not controlled by any government or traditional financial institution.
3. The first merchant transaction using Bitcoin was made in May 2010 by Laszlo Hanyecz, who paid 10,000 BTC in exchange for two Papa John’s Pizzas. As of May 2019, the value of 10,000 BTC is more than _________ .
a) $22 million
b) $53 million
c) $8 million
4. What is the difference between Bitcoin and Libra?
a) Bitcoin is decentralized, so no entity controls it whereas Facebook will have a large amount of control over Libra.
b) Libra will be tied to national currencies while Bitcoin is not dependent on a government.
c) Bitcoin’s blockchain is permissionless while Libra will run on a permissioned blockchain.
d) All of the above
1. In the year 2017, only _______percent of non-institutionalized, disabled people (ages 18-64) were employed, according to statistics from the American Community Survey.
2. Employers must obtain an authorizing certificate from the Wage and Hour Division prior to paying subminimum wages to employees who have disabilities for the work being performed.
3. According to the National Conference of State Legislatures, to date, four states have eliminated the option of paying disabled workers a subminimum wage. Which of the states below is not one of those states?
c) New Hampshire
4. In February 2018, which state became the first red state to bar employers from paying workers with disabilities less than the state’s minimum wage?