Trivia Answers for March 2019 Issues
Gun Control Laws
1. According to data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly _________ people in the U.S. were killed by guns in 2017.
2. Mexico has some of the strictest gun control laws in the world.
3. According to the Small Arms Survey 2018, the top three countries with the highest number of guns per civilian are:
a) United States, Serbia, Canada
b) United States, Finland, Lebanon
c) United States, Yemen and Montenegro
4. Firearms are generally classified into what three broad types?
a) Semi-automatics, pistols and rifles
b) Handguns, rifles and shotguns
c) Pistols, handguns and shotguns
5. A semi-automatic firearm fires multiple bullets with the single pull of the trigger while a fully automatic firearm fires one bullet each time the trigger is pulled.
1. According to the National Conference of State Legislatures, as of December 2017, ______states allowed philosophical exemptions for those who object to immunizations because of personal, moral or other beliefs.
2. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that children between birth and age six receive ______ different vaccines, including those for diphtheria, tetanus, influenza, measles and mumps.
3. Children under 5 are especially susceptible to disease because their immune systems have not built up the necessary defenses to fight infection. Thus, CDC recommends immunizing by age 2.
4. What year did Dr. Jonas Salk and his team develop a vaccine for polio?
5. Which state passed a law (effective July 1, 2016) that closed the “vaccine exemption loophole” by eliminating personal or religious exemptions for children in that state?
b) New York