Trivia Answers for May 2020 Topics
1. What member of the House of Representatives sponsored H.R.6172 or the USA FREEDOM Reauthorization Act of 2020?
a) Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA)
b) Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY)
c) Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY)
2. H.R.6172 or the USA FREEDOM Reauthorization Act of 2020 is a bill that would reauthorize provisions related to intelligence gathering under the Foreign Intelligence and Surveillance Act (FISA) until what date?
a) Dec. 1, 2023
b) March 15, 2024
c) Oct. 31, 2024
3. Which of the members of Congress below did not support H.R.6172 or the USA FREEDOM Reauthorization Act of 2020?
a) Rep. Chris Stewart (R-UT)
b) Rep. Bradley Byrne (R-AL)
c) Rep. Doug LaMalfa (R-CA)
d) None of the above
4. Which government agency was not created by executive action but rather by Congress’s passing of the National Security Act of 1947?
a) Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
b) Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
c) National Security Agency (NSA)
Equal Rights Amendment
1. To expand the rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution to both women and men, the Equal Rights Amendment was first introduced in 1923 by .
a) Phyllis Schlafly
b) Lucretia Mott
c) Alice Paul
2. The only right that the Constitution guarantees specifically for women is the right to vote.
3. According to the Fifth Amendment, a constitutional amendment can be proposed by either two-thirds of the members of both the House and Senate or at a convention called by _____ of the states.
4. According to the United Nations, ____ out of 195 countries guarantee equality between women and men in their constitutions as of 2014.
5. The equal protection clause of the U.S. Constitution’s 14th Amendment was first applied to sex discrimination in __________.