Trivia Answers for November 2018 Topics
1. Evidence shows that nicotine dependence is not correlated with younger ages of smoking initiation.
2. Smoking kills more people than ______.
a) Alcohol and illegal drugs
b) Car accidents
c) Murders and suicides
d) All of the above combined
3. In 2015, which state was the first to raise the minimum legal sale age for buying tobacco products to 21?
4. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the racial/ethnic group that has the highest rate of tobacco use among U.S. middle and high school students is ________.
a) American Indian/Alaska Native
c) Native Hawaiian/Other Pacific Islander
5. Tobacco use is the leading cause of preventable death in the U.S.
1. The Russian government interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election in order to increase political instability in the U.S. and to damage Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign by bolstering which other candidate(s)?
a) Donald Trump
b) Bernie Sanders
c) Jill Stein
d) All of the above
2. The Honest Ads Act (S. 1989) was introduced in the Senate to promote regulation of campaign advertisements online. Which of the following senators was not a sponsor of this bill?
a) Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN)
c) Sen. Richard Burr (R-NC)
d) Sen. Angus King (I-ME)
b) Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA)
3. The companies that drive a large amount of growth in technology are sometimes referred to as GAFTA, an acronym for Google, Apple, Facebook, Twitter and Amazon.
4. In March 2018, Cambridge Analytica harvested the sensitive data of __________ Facebook users without their explicit permission.
a) 50 million
b) 87 million
c) 22 billion