Trivia Answers for October 2018 Topics
1. The federal minimum wage for tipped workers is ____ an hour and hasn’t been raised since 1991.
2. Who was the first female secretary of labor appointed to a presidential cabinet?
a) Eleanor Roosevelt
b) Frances Perkins
c) Jeannette Rankin
3. In 2017, workers in which country clocked the most hours per week, according to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development?
a) Costa Rica
b) South Korea
4. What is the average number of hours worked per week by workers in Germany?
a) 26 hours a week
b) 33 hours a week
c) 40 hours a week
5. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, although workers under age 25 represented only about one-fifth of hourly paid workers, they made up about half of those paid the federal minimum wage or less in 2016.
Fuel Efficiency Standards
1. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, diesel gasoline creates about ___% more carbon dioxide per gallon than regular unleaded.
a) 5% more
b) 15% more
c) 25% more
2. Per the EPA, a typical passenger vehicle emits about _____metric tons of carbon dioxide a year, assuming the vehicle has a fuel economy of 22 miles per gallon and drives 11,500 miles a year.
a) 4.6 metric tons
b) 7.5 metric tons
c) 10.2 metric tons
3. What is the name of the regulations that were enacted by Congress in 1975 to improve the average fuel economy of new cars and light trucks in the U.S.?
a) Clean Power Plan (CPP)
b) Affordable Clean Energy (ACE) Rule
c) Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE)
4. California is the only state permitted to issue emissions standards under the federal Clean Air Act. Other states may choose to follow California’s standards but may not set their own.
5. Who is the lead sponsor of the Clean and Efficient Cars Act of 2018, which would block federal agencies from creating loopholes in emissions standards?
a) Sen. Kamala Harris
b) Rep. Carolos Curbelo
c) Rep. Doris Okada Matsui