Trivia Answers for October 2019 Issues
Prescription Drug Prices
1. The We PAID Act of 2019 would:
a) Direct the National Academy of Medicine to complete a study on how to determine the reasonableness of drug prices.
b) Establish a Drug Affordability and Access Committee to determine a reasonable price for each drug.
c) Require proper disclosure of government support in the development of patented technology.
d) All of the above
2. If passed, the We PAID Act would only seek to regulate future drugs on the market, which would apply to about ________ percent of prescription drugs.
a) 20 to 25
b) 40 to 40
3. Prescription drug prices in the United States are some of the highest drug prices in the world.
4. According to a study from the Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences, every one of the 210 drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration from 2010 to 2016 was based on research funded by the _______________________.
a) Food and Drug Administration
b) National Institutes of Health
c) National Academy of Medicine
1. Which Republican congressman co-sponsored H.R. 1146 along with Rep. Jared Huffman (D-CA) when it was introduced in the House in February?
a) Rep. Don Young (R-AK)
b) Rep. Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA)
c) Rep. Kevin Hern (R-OK)
2. Specifically, in which area of Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Refuge would H.R. 1146 prohibit oil and gas drilling?
a) Wilderness Area
b) 1002 Area
c) Arctic Village
3. Which U.S. president founded the National Wildlife Refuge System, which is a designation for certain protected areas managed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service?
a) President Theodore Roosevelt
b) President Richard Nixon
c) President John F. Kennedy
4. The Arctic National Wildlife Refuge inhabits land which sits on __________billion barrels of oil.
a) 7.7 to 11.8
b) 20.3 to 25.4
c) 37.9 to 43.3
5. The 1002 area of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge is a subsection of the area’s coastal plain.