Trivia Answers for September 2018 Topics
1. Inscribed above the 16 marble columns of the U.S. Supreme Court Building’s front entrance are the words_______________________.
a) Guardians of the Constitution
b) Equal Justice Under Law
c) Iura Novit Curia (The Court Knows the Law)
2. The number of justices who sit on the Supreme Court is determined by Congress and is currently set at eight Associate Justices and one Chief Justice.
3. Who was the first female Supreme Court justice?
a) Sandra Day O’Connor
b) Ruth Bader Ginsburg
c) Elena Kagan
d) Sonia Sotomayor
4. In April 2017, the Republican-led Senate lowered the number of votes needed to end debate on Supreme Court nominations to 51 instead of 60. This is commonly called what?
a) Quorum call
c) Nuclear option
5. Which of the following Supreme Court nominees was either rejected by the Senate or withdrew their candidacy?
a) Robert Bork
b) Clarence Thomas
c) Harriet Miers
d) Both A and C
1. The definition of bullying recognized by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention includes which of the following characteristics?
a) Intentional aggression
b) Power imbalance between aggressor and victim
c) Repetition of the aggression
d) All of the above
2. What type of bullying is the most common form of bullying?
3. How do you recognize someone who bullies?
4. Who are young people most likely to report bullying to?
c) Family member
d) Boyfriend or girlfriend
5. Boys are primarily bullied by boys and girls are primarily bullied by girls.