Apr 19, 2018
Trivia Answers - May 2018
1. The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) provides expanded and new rights for EU individuals such as the right of ________, sometimes called the “right to be forgotten.”
2. Facebook’s practice of tracking, collecting and storing users’ internet surfing data (even when they are not logged in) is a violation of European privacy law because Facebook did not have user _____.
3. The European Union’s GDPR replaces the _________ of 1995 under which each of the 28 EU member countries operate their own interpretation of this law.
a) Electronic Communications Privacy Act
b) Data Protection Directive
c) Privacy Regulation Proclamation
4. This November, California voters will vote on a ballot measure called the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, which gives Californians certain privacy rights, including:
a) Right to say no to sale of personal information
b) Right to Know What Personal Information is being collected
c) Right to know whether personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom
d) All of the above
1. In a trade war, the involved countries often resort to an increased number of protectionist policies. This causes both nations to move toward a position of _____ or self-sufficiency.
a) Absolute advantage
b) Closed economy
2. Which international organization is now responsible for developing and maintaining the system of international trade rules and dealing with trade disputes?
a) International Monetary Fund
b) World Trade Organization
c) The World Bank
3. What is the name of the ancient network of trade routes that connected the East and West and was established during the Han Dynasty of China?
a) Silk Road
b) East West Corridor
c) Persian Royal Road
4. According to the Office of the United States Trade Representative, trade expansion benefits U.S. families and businesses by:
a) Supporting more jobs in our export sectors
b) Expanding the variety of products available to purchase
c) Encouraging investment and more rapid economic growth
d) All of the above
5. The official name of China’s currency or money is the yuan, which means the people’s currency. The renminbi is a unit of the currency.
Mar 21, 2018
Trivia Answers for April 2018 SGAP
1. The top three countries with the highest number of armed civilians are:
a) United States, Yemen, Switzerland
b) United States, Canada, Iraq
c) United States, Serbia, Saudi Arabia
2. A semi-automatic firearm fires one bullet each time the trigger is pulled while a fully automatic firearm fires multiple bullets with a single pull of the trigger.
3. According to the FBI’s “Expanded Homicide Data Table” for 2016, roughly 16,459 murders were committed in the U.S. in 2016. Of these, ___ were committed with firearms.
4. What are the three main types of firearms?
a) Semi-automatics, pistols and rifles
b) Pistols, handguns and shotguns
c) Handguns, rifles and shotguns
5. According to the U.S. Department of Justice’s “Annual Firearms Manufacturing and Export Report,” dated Feb. 3, 2016, handguns comprised 62% of all new guns sold to civilians and law enforcement in 2014.
INTERNET SALES TAX
1. In a November 2017 report, the U.S. Government Accountability Office estimated that states and municipalities could gain ___________ in annual revenue if they could require online retailers to collect sales tax.
a) Between $500 million and $1 billion
b) Between $1 and $4 billion
c) Between $8 and $13 billion
2. Forty-six of the 50 states have a statewide sales tax.
3. During the past three Congresses — including the 113th Congress (2013-2014), 114th Congress (2015-2016) and 115th Congress (2017-2018) — four internet sales tax bills were proposed. Which bill was approved by the Senate but not the House?
a) Marketplace Fairness Act
b) Remote Transactions Parity Act of 2017
c) Online Sales Simplification Act
d) No Regulation Without Representation Act
4. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, e-commerce sales in the fourth quarter of 2017 accounted for _____ of total retail sales.
5. The Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement was created by the National Governors Association and the National Conference of State Legislatures in the fall of 1999 to simplify sales tax collection.
Feb 16, 2018
Trivia Answers for March 2018
Jan 17, 2018
Trivia & Quiz Answers – February 2018
Nov 08, 2017
Trivia & Quiz Answers - December 2017
Oct 18, 2017
Trivia Answers – November 2017 Newsletter
Sep 20, 2017
Trivia Answers – October 2017 Newsletter
Aug 10, 2017
Trivia Answers - September 2017 Newsletter
Apr 20, 2017
Trivia Answers – May 2017 Newsletter
Mar 20, 2017
Trivia Answers – April 2017 Newsletter
Feb 20, 2017
Trivia Answers – March 2017 Issue
Jan 19, 2017
Trivia Answers – February 2017 Issue
Nov 22, 2016
Trivia Answers – December 2016 Issue
Oct 20, 2016
Trivia Answers - November 2016 Issue
Sep 21, 2016
Trivia Answers – October 2016 Election Issue
Aug 18, 2016
Trivia Answers - September 2016
Apr 13, 2016
Trivia Answers – May/June 2016
Mar 22, 2016
Trivia Answers - April 2016
Feb 26, 2016
Trivia Answers - March 2016
Jan 22, 2016
Trivia and Resources - Feb. 2016
Nov 30, 2015
November/December 2015 Trivia and Resources
Nov 03, 2015
October 2015 Trivia and Insights
Oct 06, 2015
September 2015 Trivia and Insights
Sep 15, 2015
August 2015 Trivia
May 06, 2015
May 2015 Trivia
Mar 04, 2015
February 2015 Trivia
Nov 20, 2014
November 2014 Trivia
Oct 10, 2014
October 2014 Trivia
Sep 09, 2014
Aug 28, 2014