Trivia Answers – February 2017 Issue
1. Which state passed the first laws allowing charter schools in what year?
a. California, 1985
b. Minnesota, 1991
c. Oregon, 1995
2. New Orleans is the only city in the U.S. where the majority of students attend charter schools.
3. The state aid received per student at a charter school averages ____of the per-student aid given to public schools.
a. 52 percent
b. 59.7 percent
c. 61 percent
4. Currently, ___ states allow for-profit companies to run charter schools.
Dakota Access Pipeline
1. Which of Trump’s Cabinet nominees sits on the board of Energy Transfer Partners, the for-profit oil company behind the pipeline?
a. Rex Tillerson (Secretary of State)
b. Rick Perry (Secretary of Energy)
c. Ben Carson (Secretary of Housing and Urban
2. The Dakota Access Pipeline is a project that will cost about ______.
a. $1.8 billion
b. $2.5 billion
c. $3.7 billion
3. North Dakota’s new governor, Doug Burgum, plans to urge President Trump to approve the Dakota Access Pipeline project.