1. North Korea has the fourth largest military in the world, with an active duty army numbering_______, and a total of _______ active, resource, and paramilitary personnel.
a. 525,000; 2.49 million
b. 900,000; 5.49 million
c. 1.2 million; 9.49 million
2. _____ is North Korea’s official state ideology of national self-reliance.
3. North Korea officially describes itself as a ______ nation; however, most countries regard North Korea as a totalitarian dictatorship.
4. What is the name of the capital city of North Korea?
5. North Korea bases its calendar on Kim Il Sung’s date of birth, which was April 15, 1912.
Paris Climate Agreement
1. The term “climate change” refers to statistical changes in a climate system over a period of time.
2. Lawmakers and others who disagree that human activity is the main cause of global climate change argue:
a. Earth’s climate has always warmed and cooled, and the rise in global temperature is within the bounds of natural temperature fluctuations.
b. Some scientists disagree that human activity is primarily responsible for global climate change.
c. Rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide do not necessarily cause global warming.
d. All of the above.
3. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, in 2014, the top carbon dioxide emitters were roughly China at __% , the U.S. at __% and the European Union at ___%.
a. 25%, 12%, 10 %
b. 30%,15%, 10%
c. 35%, 25%, 15%
4. The chief goal of the Paris Climate Agreement is to:
a. Limit global warming to less than two degrees
b. Verify that human activity is the cause of climate change.
c. Reduce the amount of greenhouse gases, particularly methane.