Trivia Answers - September 2016
1. Which U.S. Senator called net neutrality “the First Amendment issue of our time,” referring to the right to free speech guaranteed in the U.S. Constitution?
a. Sen. Al Franken (D-MN)
b. Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)
c. Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL)
d. Sen. John Cornyn (R-TX)
2. In 2005, the FCC issued a statement that American internet customers have rights. Which of the following was not on this list?
a. Access lawful content of their choice.
b. Run the lawful applications of their choice.
c. Use the e-commerce retailer of their choice.
d. Connect lawful devices of their choice.
3. Which companies are strong advocates of net neutrality?
e. A, C and D
4. True or false? In early 2016, India banned Facebook’s Free Basics application to “support net neutrality.”
1. In 2014, there were 7 million U.S. families with children living below the federal poverty line of $23,850 per year. What percentage of those families received cash welfare benefits in 2014?
a. 23 families in 100
b. 39 families in 100
c. 46 families in 100
2. As of 2015, the average monthly welfare check for a family of three in the U.S. ranged from ___ per month in Mississippi to ___ per month in New York.
3. Under the Welfare Reform Act of 1996, which of the following rules were established?
a. Welfare recipients must find jobs within two years of their first payment.
b. Welfare recipients may receive payments for a maximum of five years.
c. States were given primary responsibility for administering welfare checks.
d. All of the above.